Tuesday, February 26, 2013

8 Months


My sweet angel girl is eight months old today. I remember this exact day one year ago, and it isn't too often that this happens. A good friend of my husbands, and former Marine, had passed away. He was in training in California. It was the first deployment my husbands unit would have without my husband. Wil was getting out of the Marine Corps that coming May, so he wasn't eligible. I will never forget the look on my husbands face when his other friend gave him the news via a phone call.




I never in a million years thought I'd have a sweet baby girl who would be eight months old, the next year to exact. I was terrified I would miscarry again, even after my 20 week mark I thought something would go wrong, but it didn't.

My sweet Audrey is eight months old today and I feel like time is now flying by. She will be a whole year old in just four          short months. Her birthday party planning will soon start. Her baptism is just a month away.




She brightens my day even more each day then the day before. Her laugh is music to my ears. She loves her walker and runs all over the house, thanks to our hardwood floors. Charlie, our English bulldog is her best bud. She is a daddy's girl but is Mamas best friend. She loves food like there is no tomorrow. She makes the funniest "hoo's" and waved for the first time two nights ago.



She is our world.








Soon she will be walking, and off to college (haha). Today I realized I need to stop and slow down. I need to enjoy these times and not try to rush them gone. I need to soak up every last bit of baby smell I can get because soon, it won't be near. My little girl isn't so little anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment