Monday, February 25, 2013

The Bunny Slope

Husbands uncle owns a condo in Windham, NY at a ski resort. We live about 2 hours south of there. Last summer when he was (well he still is) really into mud runs (5ks that get your digestingly dirty), he did on at the ski resort in Windham. Neither one of us had skied befored, so we asked his uncle if we could use the condo for a weekend.

It was our first weekend away from Audrey together. I have taken Audrey to Illinois without Wil before, but I have never been away from her more then a two days. This was four. Big deal.

We got to windham around 5:30 on Friday evening. It was freezing, but what do you expect at a ski resort? We took our things into the condo, turned up the heat, and then went into town for burgers.

We had dinner at the Mountain Cave Brewery. We were disappointed because we were told they were "the best", but it's nothing we haven't had before. Wil is desperate to find the "Best" burger. They did well making my Malibu Bay Breezes, and Wil said the beer was decent (it was made there).



Saturday we took a beginners ski lesson, and skied most of the day. I crashed a few times, but it turned out to be fun. I don't believe I'm going to be in the Olympics anytime soon, but Wil wants to make it his new hobby (surprise, surprise).

We were supposed to go tubing on Sunday, but when we showed up we realized it was more for a younger age group..like 10. It was $25 a person, and we really didn't want to waste $50 dollars on something we weren't stoked about. Instead, we drove 20 miles down the mountain, bought red box movies and candy, then spend the night inside, where it was warm!

Monday morning we drove home and unpacked. It was a nice little get away, but I honestly thought I would have a better time then I really did. Wil and I enjoyed each others company, but I missed my angel girl so much. I guess I should have known that a Ski trip wouldn't be my go to thing when I actually loathe snow and cold weather; one day I will move back to the South! Let's just say I had an okay weekend, I was happy to get home, and it just makes me even more excited about our Disney vacation coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment